Monday, February 9, 2009

Learning about Triathlon Transitions

I'm signed up for a triathlon this summer so I've been trying to learn about the transitions. This is totally foreign to me since I've only ever done running events. There's all kinds of things I'm apprehensive about. Is it ok to leave my $1300 bike at the transition without supervision? I see people not wearing socks in videos, that seems crazy from my running only background. Should I wear my bike shorts for all 3 legs? Are there water stops on the bike route or do I need to pack several water bottles on the bike.

In my quest to answer some of these questions and the other 100 or so floating around in my head I've found a few decent videos showing transition strategies that are worth watching. Mostly I'm noticing how everyone in the videos is way skinnier than me but hey, I can do this!


Step by Step Triathlon Transitions



Wetsuit and swim leg tips




Flawless Transition tips


Last but not least a little humor

No comments: