Friday, February 6, 2009

An awesome beginning triathlete reference

This is a great book that I picked up in my quest to do a triathlon this year.  I have so many questions that many of the training books don't answer that all seem to be answered here in a somewhat humorous narrative.



The first review on amazon sums up my thoughts about this book so well I just thought I'd quote it here from user K. A. Stevenson


In this case, I promptly ordered the top 15 triathlon books and virtually ALL of them were written for the seasoned triathlete hoping to shave a few pts. off their time. With the exception of Dave Scott's book, they were written so far above my level of competing, that I was absolutely discouraged and ready to throw in the towel. Even the various websites online (even for beginners) did not offer the kind of information that I was seeking.

And then I finally got to "Slow Fat Triathlete," which answered all my questions (and then some!) in a captivating, somewhat quirky style. It was the "Siren of the Triathlon" and it called to me with every page...

So if your an experienced athlete looking to do a triathlon or someone just starting out this is a great read.  I highly recommend it.  I'm going to show up at the race a lot less nervous for my first time after reading this.  Pickup a copy !

No comments: