Monday, March 16, 2009

Training progresses

Just realized I haven't posted in awhile so thought I'd throw up a quick note about how my training has been going.

I had a nice 8 mile run Saturday. My wife took my daughter to a local park and I ran on the trails system in town. It's all paved and in 8 miles I only had to cross traffic twice. It's so nice to be able to just run and not worry about getting plowed over by some driver not paying attention or having to jump into the ditch when someone refuses to slow down if cars are going to pass each other the same time as you. Running out in the country can be dangerous so I love running in town on those trails. It's so strange to go to town to run away from traffic but thats the way it is. Honestly I feel a little weird driving to run but overall it's a much better experience and my daughter doesn't complain about a park with 9 slides in it.

I've been continuing doing brick workouts on my cross training days combining a 10-20 mile bike ride with a 2 mile run or so. I think it's really helping me maintain my pace toward the end of my runs. Typically last season I'd burn out about a mile or two before the end of my run and just be dead in the water but I'm having less trouble powering through to the end.

Speed Gonzales I'm not but I'm speeding through my training toward the first race of the year for me on May 2nd with my sights on the May 30th triathlon.

No comments: